Saturday, March 28, 2015

a driver's dilemma

It's funny how God puts things in perspective for you when you don't even realize it.  I'm driving down the highway of life.  While on my travels, I've been praying for something for a long time, and a possible opportunity to have it has been presented to me.  Now, let's slow down at the intersection.  I'm trying to get to this destination that is filled with riches.  I think I'm supposed to turn left.  I've been trying to go there but for some reason, no one is giving me directions to go there, so I can't exactly...get there.  There is no green light yet, so I'm just waiting at the stop light.  As I wait for my GPS to give me some general direction, an ad pops up on my app telling me there is an opportunity to turn right but it won't lead me to the riches I was intending to get to.  Instead, it's a place where I will find something that may give me more joy than the place with riches.

No turn on red.

Even though I think I want to turn left (where the riches are), there's something about turning right that is appealing.  There is something calling me to go that way.  Gut instinct?

All of a sudden my GPS works and I'm told to make a U-turn and then turn right on a different road.  This will still get me where I wanted to go originally, but all of a sudden I'm not sure I want to go there.  I think I want to take the road less traveled, turn right, and drive down the road to happiness though less riches.

Would I be happy if I turned left?  Possibly.  Or maybe not.  I don't know, but I know I wouldn't regret NOT knowing.  (Does that make sense?)  If I don't turn right, I think I'll regret not trying out the adventure on that side of the road.

With the cross traffic light turning yellow, I all of a sudden realized how much I wanted to turn right.  I'm just waiting for the light to turn green and my GPS will re-direct me.

Maybe that's how God puts things in perspective...

God:  "Oh you want this....? Are you sure?"

He shows me the two options, but side by side I want what HE wants.  I want something that will bear fruit and light.  It may bring less riches for myself, but I know it will bring more joy and peace.  In the end, I'm going to be in the right place...right where I'm meant to be.

Re-routing.

No comments:

Post a Comment