Tuesday, April 20, 2010

broken souls

"Friendship is a single soul dwelling in two bodies." ~Aristotle


All the cliches are true.  "Misery loves company" or "Two heads are better than one".  Point being is that we weren't meant to be alone on this earth.  I'm not saying there's a person for every single person to fall in love and marry.  I mean that no one should be pushed off in a corner thinking they have no one.  There is always someone, but it's a matter of finding who that "someone" is.  Sometimes it's an estranged family member, sometimes it's a best friend.  Regardless, there's someone.  Even when you think you're alone, in a world like we live in today, there's someone out there on the other side of the planet feeling the same thing you feel.  They might be blogging about it too...or reading for someone to blog out how they feel.  There's the connection.

Broken souls tend to find each other and make each other whole.  In the Christian world, Christ mends the brokeness and makes it whole in Him.  I like that concept.  It's almost like the Elmer's glue is good, but the the super glue is golden.  I want that super glue to fix what has been broken, and once you know it's locked and in place by Him, then nothing can take it apart.  Nothing but the lie of the devil to scrape off the glue, at least.  But the best part is that the super glue is never ending.  There's an abundance of that crazy sticky stuff that will just keep coming out of nowhere and mending the broken pieces together.  You can't fool the glue.

I don't know where this blog is heading, but friend from the other side of Earth, I hope you are reading this and finding a connection with me.  I hope you understand me.  Now we are friends, so I thank you.

I would like to thank Aristotle for saying something that I've cherished since I was in grade school - connected souls are really the foundation of friendship.  Time and time again, good friends have been the physical proof of this grand idea.

Broken souls find a way to each other to help each other.  Let the glue make it solid and may your lives be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment