Wednesday, April 21, 2010

big bang


 "Jumping at several small opportunities may get us there more quickly than waiting for one big one to come along" ~Hugh Allen

I've been waiting for so long for the "big thing".  I have only recently realized that what I should do is keep doing the "small things" with great excellence.  I'll make a greater impact every little step of the way rather than just being mediocre and waiting to prove myself for the big thing.  Be the best worker.  Be the best friend.  Be the best daughter.  All of this will prepare me for the bigger thing - to be the best boss, the best girlfriend, the best mother.  All the little things in life matter and I have failed to see that!  I must appreciate all the little things God has given me.  If I take notice to the scent of the smallest flower, one day my eyes will be opened to the aroma of a beautiful garden.  The little things around us matter because it adds up to the greater picture we call life.  This is why we should laugh as if it's the funniest thing in the world, dance as if no one is watching, and love until it hurts so much that there's nothing left but love.

No comments:

Post a Comment