Wednesday, February 29, 2012

constant change

The only constant in the world is change. I believe that sentence fully, otherwise you will just end up getting disappointed in life if you don't grow. I sound like a broken record when I say that life changes sO much from high school to college - from college to the "real world" - and from 25-30. That said, who the heck knows what's going to happen to me from 30-35, but I do know I'm excited for it! Today is leap year, my "one" year anniversary in LA. From the moment I even began to pray about moving here (Feast of the Immaculate Conception 2007) til now, I can say life has been quite the roller coaster. I found this old Xanga entry from after I moved here. |||Sunday, March 30, 2008||| "...sigh. So much on my mind I don't even know where to begin. Sleepless nights again, and it's annoying. I miss putting my head down on my pillow and knocking out SOLID in .3 seconds. Now I toss and turn. Why? Who knows. I'm so happy to be here, but sometimes I feel so guilty for feeling so freeeeee. Question of the century, "What made you move here?" Answer: "No clue" :) 2nd question: "How long are you here for?" Answer: "No clue" Before I left, I said, "A few years." When I got here I said, "Maybe five". A few weeks later I'm thinking, "Not too long." I got here February 29, 2008. So is one year February 28 or March 1? Or is it February 29 2012? Today I say, "Screw timelines, I'm milkin' it day by day!" Hahaha...what a way to live. Loving the thought of this everlasting vacation." So innocent, so naive to what God had in store for me. Here I am thinking, "I have enough friends, I'm not looking for more." It was going to be the ultimate solo getaway that I am best known for. My anti-social side was ready to just hang out at the beach every weekend. Everyone said, "You're going to be like Jho and come home married in a few years." Not gonna lie, part of me wondered if that was in store; if that was a reason I had a tug in my heart to move westbound. Four years later, I'm still single but not regretting a single second of it. I learned how to embrace it and it made me fall in love with "LOVE" even more. It makes me excited to see what more He has in store for me, but in the meantime - haven't been to the beach in months, I'm FAR from anti-social, and I have found myself a second home, a second family in my friends I have been blessed with. This ultimate solo-getaway only brought me to a place filled with more love and just as busy a social calendar! It's no coincidence that I completely divulged details of my life once kept secret at Intimacy Weekend - it means I have invested in this area, and I have planted roots for it to grow. Does that mean I'm here in LA forever...? Not necessarily. But it does mean I'm here for now, I'm at peace with where I am in life, and I'm meant to grow a bit more in the sunny West coast. Let's re-evaluate next leap year, but for now I'm going to live YOUNG (Life@30 is amazing), WILD (by the Holy Spirit, duh), and FREE (because I am free in Him). 2012 - take me away!

No comments:

Post a Comment