Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Comfort

Day 2-4 all fall in the same theme: Comfort

I found happiness in hanging out with one of my close friends, KC.  I found happiness in my pillow.  I found happiness in my morning tea and Filipino treat (suman).

Day 2: My friendship with KC reflects how much I truly enjoy genuine friendship.  We might not talk every day or see each other weekly like we used to, but everytime we hang out, there is a certain comfort that I don't just find in everyone.  That is so important to me.  I know a friendship has already passed that point into "REAL" when I don't have to fill every silence with a story.  Sometimes the presence of my friend is more than anything I need at that moment.

Day 3: The night prior, as I prayed the Novena for the Unborn (do it, it's not too late!) part of the reparation for that day was to give up something comfortable, as a sacrifice.  In this case, it was a simple ask but ended up being a little harder than I expected...my pillow.  Especially since I haven't been feeling the best lately, my pillow would just be sO comfortable.  But everytime I woke up, I prayed for the unborn and any mother who couldn't sleep because they were restless on the decision she would make for herself and her child.  Any sacrifice, no matter how small and simple, is great in the eyes of the Lord.  I will say though, the next night I slept on my pillow and I was truly happy.

Day 4: Hot tea and suman.  Comfort food in the morning is something that brings me in a good mood.  No better way to start the day with a delicious, warm treat!  Simple joys.




No comments:

Post a Comment