Saturday, January 4, 2014

Snowman pants and red velvet crinkles

Last night we had #cousinbonding night: Christmas version. What was supposed to be a long night of Disney movies, gingerbread house making, and sledding turned into quite the opposite. We baked cookies, talked about (their) college plans, and slept in and out of one movie. Instead of all being piled in one room come 4am, everyone slept all over the place by 2. At first I thought, "So much for cousin bonding," but we woke up this morning and continued laughing, singing, and watching another Disney movie over chicken wings. The hugs I felt as I parted ways from them is what sealed the cousinhood. We bonded.

Those hugs are making me think very seriously of what my priorities are right now. I don't have it figured out, but it's making me think in a clearer mind than six months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment