We were there to learn, and the results were off the charts. It's been a while since I've heard speakers get quoted or referenced after their talk. Thank you.
*Disclaimer: no spoilers in this post. Most things I got were taken from the speaker's sharing, so it'll be different the next retreat. If it didn't come from them, it was just my own simple reflection. You can apply it to any CFC SFC talk lol*
- I learned, "Don't take a picture of your food. Just eat it." Just kidding, I was reminded that technology can be useful but when overused, it can harm relationships. My phone didn't go off all weekend. Not because everyone I talk to was with me but because we had no service in the woods. God is good, and the point was made. Relationships were deepened.
- How far does God's love in you reach to others: Friends? Family? What about strangers? I keep asking people what their takeaway was, and this was one that stuck to me the most. Does God's love run so deep within me that I allow the ripple affect reach to the third core: strangers? Not as often as I probably could/should. There's a safety factor and there's just a factor that sometimes I don't feel like speaking to strangers. WWJD....? Not be lazy or a snob!
- CARE-rection is the best kind of correction. Don't be passive aggressive, people. Just give it to me straight. I most def left that talk with a list of people to talk to. Kidding.
- THINK before you speak. Is it Truthful? Will it Help the situation? Does it Inspire? Is it Necessary? Is it Kind?
- Loving with a wounded heart. BOOM. We all get hurt, we all have moved on. But HOW have we loved with those wounds? It was time to take out that bitterness and live in peace.
- Send off. Love the world. Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with me.
I could share more and get mad deep, but I'll let you experience it for yourself some day :)
These words won't make me a better person if I just know about it. I need to get off my ass and do something with it. Why spend an entire weekend in the woods where there is no cell or internet service, bugs were trying to just devour you, and you get little rest....if you don't live to tell the tale? YODO. You only DIE once, but you get to live every day. (Thanks, Jenn!)
Make it count.
Make it count.