Monday, August 18, 2014

Counting seconds, minutes, hours in a day

My goal in 2014 was to not let time pass me by so quickly.  I wanted to be more "present" in the moment and enjoy every second that this year would give me.

Tick Tock Tick Tock.

I feel like Anna from "Frozen" just watching the clock hands move.

This wasn't always the case though.  My 2014 actually started off full speed.  Once January hit, I was preparing for my friends' wedding in Costa Rica in February.  By preparing, I mean working out to be Costa Rica ready lol - hello, what were you thinking?  In March, my two other friends got married and our group of friends were busy prepping for the big day.  Yes, we are your local wedding service team - ready when you call on us!  I can't even remember what happened in April and May except bachelorette party, bachelorette party, wedding, rest weekend, ordination, then another wedding.  Somewhere in between I still worked.  On top of that, my service for SFC was never-ending.  First quarter, we planned a full schedule of trainings, service workshops, and more trainings.  It was CLP season, so we couldn't miss a beat.  Speaking of season - it was SFC Conference season, and being overall ACC wasn't the easiest of responsibilities.

No way in HECK am I posting my first six months of 2014 to brag.  I'm reflecting on the past year because God allowed me to be so busy, so then I could appreciate the lull I'm going through right now.  In more cases than this, people will find themselves burnt out.  Let's not get into the fact that I strongly dislike that term...I'll save it for another post.  I may have already done one in the past, so maybe I'll just "re-blog".  Jesus was and is with me the entire time.  You can't burn out when you're running on faith fuel.  Granted, I need some good resting time to reflect.  I needed my year to slow down.  He surprised me with something to fill in my quiet time, but now it's back to being busy.  I don't know if I'm looking forward to it or dreading it.  I haven't been to LAX since June, and it's weirding me out!  To be honest, I really felt like I was going through withdrawals knowing I had no plane ticket on hand.  After a few weeks I got over it, thinking of the money I could save.  Well, I ended up buying two tickets for a trip to Chicago and Dallas in October, so #savingmoneyfail.  I'm out of LA most of that month, I have Pro-Life trainings all of November, and December is always a wash.  Now that I have something to look forward to, 2015 will be here in a blink of an eye.  

So July, August, and September - you are a good quarter this year.  I have enjoyed the slow paced events that have occurred over the past month.  I learned to be available and just go with a non-scheduled flow.  It's dangerous because you can fall into the trap of just being plain lazy.  I think God knows to keep me somewhat busy because He's got some service lined up for me before the end of the year.  I'm looking forward to it...but can we wait until September to plan, please? :)

August, you are halfway done.  I can't believe next weekend is the near end of Summer, as Labor Day is around the corner.  Need to squeeze in that white skirt one more time before it's too late.

I'll take the next month or so for more discerning and journeying.  What 2015 brings - who knows.  I can't even think about that yet.  I look forward to tomorrow, starting in a brand new office space.  Change is good.  It takes time to adjust, but I don't know why people don't like it.  (Says the woman who doesn't want to change a certain something in life due to complacency.)

Ok that's a whoooooole other entry.

Until then, good night world.

Sleep well and see you when the morning comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment