Thursday, October 9, 2014

into the future

When my dad purchased this now "vintage" Bears jacket in 1985, little did he know that his daughter (who was three years old at the time) would get it signed by Da Coach himself...29 years later!  That kinda blows my mind.  The excitement in my dad's voice when he was wearing the signed jacket cannot be described.  The light in his eyes when he first saw it really made my heart happy.  The entire experience was priceless!

My mom once told me, "God knew what He was doing when He made you a Bears fan.  He knew that I wasn't into football like your dad, so He made sure someone would be able to watch football with him."  I'm reminded through this, that God makes all things perfect.  I don't even know my love for the sport happened, to be honest.  I guess growing up hearing my dad yell "Sack!" at the TV had something to do with it.  So strange how random memories stick with you, and that one was enough to influence me.  If you've ever watched a football game with me, I tend to do the same.  Like father, like daughter and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bear down.

No comments:

Post a Comment