Thursday, February 26, 2015

LAnxiety

I'm stumped on how I've survived LA for as long as I have, especially since I have mental meltdowns every time I'm stuck in traffic.

That being said, I'm sure you can do the math.  The Lord allows me to practice the virtue of patience several times a day.

The funny thing is that I don't really panic when I'm not driving.  Traffic bothers me only when I'm behind the wheel, because I should be in control of how long it takes me to get somewhere.  I set my own expectations on when I'm to arrive somewhere...a really smart thing for an LA driver to do *insert sarcasm here*.  If I'm not driving, I don't care when we arrive as long as we get there safe.

I'm pretty "giving" on the road, as long as you make smart choices.  Cut me off, but at least have a blinker on.  Squeeze in front of me when merging, as long as you don't stop suddenly...keep going with the flow, bruh.  Leave a store parking lot as I creep up towards the driveway, just acknowledge my presence there with a wave if I let you go first.  There's an understood teamwork in driving, and everyone just needs to play their part and play it smart.

I have little patience for people who think they're the only ones driving.  Those are the cars that cause me to pray more and more while I drive.  Those are the drivers that give me anxiety.

To help, I try to be as patient as I can.  Internally, I might be freaking out, but on the outside I'm keeping my cool.  Smiles and waves go a long way.  I'm not much for honking.

Now with all this background, I hope you can deduce as to why I posted this photo today.

Thank you, Lord, for teaching me how to be patient and be merciful while driving.  Thank you, Lord, for giving me many opportunities to pray for others, even strangers.

Amen.

2 comments: