Saturday, September 13, 2014

bunches

9.13.14

Saturday was spent enjoying wine in the vineyards of Napa, California.  Despite the earthquake they experienced a few weeks ago, most wine barrels were in tact, and the damage was minimal.  I mean, we were ready to buy barrels of wine to keep it from going bad ;)  I love wine tasting.  The art of wine making, the smell of the tannins, the sips of fruit and oak, and the comfort it all brings makes me happy.

I love looking at grapes on a vine.  There's something so cute about a bunch of grapes.  It reminds me of a bunch of friends.  Family.  So fitting that I went to Napa with one of my best friends, but even soon after our day trip, we met up with other girlfriends from our Catholic ministry.  Sisterhood.  We're just a bunch of grapes put together in this world.  Our vine grows with a bunch of other grapes - other brother and sister bunches who are growing together in the Lord.

HA all of a sudden the verse pops into my head: "I am the vine, you are the branches.  Whoever remains in me, with me in him, bears fruit in plenty; for cut off from me you can do nothing."  John 15: 5

I pray this will lead you to read the whole passage.  It reminds us to stay close to Jesus and remain in Him.  We will bear great fruit.  We will be pruned to bear even more fruit.  Oye.  That is a different blog entry all on it's own...pruning.  For now, I'll stick the the bunches on the vine.  In my reflection, I am grateful for the "bunches" of family and friends I grow with on faith.  We may all be separated, but we all grow on the same vine bearing the same fruit.  My prayer is for you because you are on my vine.  You are a part of my bunch.  For this I am grateful.  Godbless you :)

What's #30daysofmystagogia?  You can refer back to my blog on "About Time" to understand the meaning behind this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment