Wednesday, September 17, 2014

judgement on the grape

Poor grape.  It's my fault.  Today I had a bunch and raved about how delicious and sweet they were.  Then as I stood up to throw my plate away, my friend pointed and asked, "What about that one?"  I looked down and noticed one grape I did not eat.  I chose not to eat it.  I looked at it and said, "Well this one was bruised so I wasn't sure if it was good."  I didn't even give it a chance and by then it was point of no return, so I threw it out.  Poor grape.  It didn't even have a CHANCE to prove itself.

I bet it was the sweetest grape of the bunch too.

God reminds me to not make quick judgements.  Something may look one way on the outside, but it could be different within.  SomeONE could look different on the outside, but we don't know what's inside until we talk to that person.  "Lest we judge...." as a friend of mine always said.

I pass someone on the street and think I know their story, but I have no idea.  We need to take time to stop and ask before we jump to conclusions.  People have done it to me a lot of my life.  They take one look and assume I'm a certain way.  Hey, I may be bruised and a little rough but inside I'm as sweet as the grapes I had for snack this afternoon.

Lord, teach me to be slow to judgement and have an open heart and mind to everyone I meet.  Amen.

What's #30daysofmystagogia?  You can refer back to my blog on "About Time" to understand the meaning behind this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment