Monday, September 1, 2014

dream sequence: a wedding

Last night I had an odd dream about my wedding day.  I think I knew who I was marrying, however it was so rushed (or already planned out) that I felt like a zombie going through the motions.  First of all, all the groomsmen were my friends.  It was Mike, Joseph, a few other guys, and my brother.  They were chosen as groomsman because they all had the matching suit and yellow bowtie already (why they were all matching, beats me).  But I guess that's how they became groomsmen.  My bridesmaids were my friends - so that seemed to have been planned out.  The next thing I know, we were married but instead of going to a honeymoon suite after the reception, I was put in bed in my wedding dress.  I was wearing a decent sized petticoat underneath what I think was a mermaid styled dress.  As I was being tucked into bed (with my bouquet of flowers as well) I looked at my ring and noticed how bling and beautiful it was.  But then I also realized that part of the ring was a ring I already owned.  Then I felt like "wow, he didn't even get me a new ring".  Another thing I noticed is that it was on my right ring finger and not the left one....

I woke up the next day and all of a sudden I was in all white silk pajamas, but found a small stain - I guess it was that time of the month?  I covered it up, walked outside to find my groom/husband in the same suite as the bridal party.  Everyone was hugging me and congratulating me but I felt weird waking up alone after my wedding day.  I tried walking my way to my husband to hug him but as he was about to hug me, his "best friend" (some white blonde chick) came in between and tried to hug him at the same time to say congrats.  So there was a reeeeally awkward three way hug.  But then I still didn't get to hug my said husband, instead the girl tried to hug me and congratulate me but it was SO AWKWARD.  Her hug basically said "we aren't friends yet but I'll get there."  And I said to her, "It's not that difficult to give someone a meaningful hug."  I really think she was trying to prove a point to him.

Anyway - there we are standing as husband as wife, yet I felt as though he didn't want to be married yet.  He didn't mind that we were married, but there was no effort on his part.  He basically was just there and I didn't feel any love back.  It felt like I forced him to do this and he agreed to...just cuz.  As if it were an arrangement and he was just holding up his end of the bargain.

Worst feeling ever.

On top of that, my best friend didn't come to my wedding.  I feel like she forgot, but I called her days prior asking for help and no response.  Yvette was wondering where she was but didn't want to bring it up because it was my wedding day, but she noticed that Jenssen wasn't there.

Then I woke up.

Went back to sleep and met Kevin Hart but didn't want him to think I cared, so I just walked passed him after saying hello.

Then I woke up again.

Happy Labor day!

No comments:

Post a Comment