Friday, September 5, 2014

circle of trust

This is short and sweet.  Today I went to a movie in the park (Pershing Square, to be precise).  They showed The Breakfast Club which is one of the ultimate classics.  I forgot so many details and how much I enjoyed this movie.  I can relate more to this kind of high school.  I don't even know what kids these days experience, so I wonder if they'd like this.  Even just experiencing high school in a different culture than my friends who grew up in the Philippines provided a new perspective.

One of my favorite scenes is the one when they're all sitting around in a circle and sharing about their lives.  They talk about pressures they get from parents, being hard on themselves, sex, lies, and other drugs.  "We're all pretty bizarre.  Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." -Andrew (Emilio Estevez)  I love this scene.  It's honest and raw.  This is how I like my friends.  You are able to share how you feel, yell at someone, cry, etc..  Everyone shares a piece of themselves.  That needs to happen more on my end.  I enjoy the honesty in a discussion circle.  I love that everyone was created differently.  Are we true to ourselves and our calling?  That's when the characters in the movie developed.  They understood they all had to be themselves and stop caring so much about what their friends or other people would say.  Once they accepted who they were, they all seemed to get along better.  They changed and they were accepted as is.  It takes special people to encourage you to be different and true to yourself.  It is great when those who really know you push you to be a better person.  It's very important to have these deep and close friendships.  Take it to a small, intimate level.  You learn more about yourself that way and soon enough you'll be able to move out of detention and live a different life.  You will find freedom.  You will live the life you've always wanted and receive a different sense of peace.

What's #30daysofmystagogia?  You can refer back to my blog on "About Time" to understand the meaning behind all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment