Thursday, September 11, 2014

simplicity

Past few days have been too deep.  Let's take a step back.  Tonight I hit up a barcade I've been dying to check out.  This place was Aladdin's Castle for adults!!!  The only game I really wanted to play but didn't was Street Fighter.  Per usual, the boys were in line forEver....sigh.  Next time?

Anyway, I made sure to hit up my favorite childhood video games, including Super Mario Bros. and Paper Boy.  No joke, this brought me back to my childhood.  I was actually annoyed at playing it on an arcade.  I prefer the personal console, but maybe I'm just making up excuses for not being as good as I used to be.

This blast from the past reminded me at how simple life can be.  God gives us opportunities to enjoy life in a simple way.  The human spirit complicates things too much.  Just as a developer digs deep to make a video game as "life like" as possible, sometimes the most enjoyable things are the simple up up down down moves of life.  Hold "B" and Mario runs faster.  No risk of nausea or vertigo here.  As we grow up, life becomes complicated.  We need to take a step back in time and remember the simple things that make us happy.  Then, let's seek it and enjoy.  If that means hitting up an old arcade joint and enjoying a refreshing brewski or two, go for it.

Thanks, God, for reminding me that the simple things can sometimes be as enjoyable if not more than the complicated details we make of our lives

What's #30daysofmystagogia?  You can refer back to my blog on "About Time" to understand the meaning behind this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment