Friday, September 12, 2014

wing man

9.12.14
I'm a few days behind, but I've been on vacation so I hope you'll understand.  I am guilty of posting the occasional "look at this cool thing I'm experiencing now" photo or status, but for something that takes more time to think through, I decided to wait until I got home.

This post deserves two entries, but the second one will have to come later. I am still processing this, but today I went to visit a mission church on my list.  I didn't realize it until I was there, but visiting the mission church of San Rafael (or St. Raphael the Archangel) is actually really special to me.  St. Raphael has been my homie since I was a kid, but more so now, he's pretty involved with my life.  That said, my reflection today is based or on my prayer time than an event that happened that I "mystagogued" about.  I decided to meet Jesus somewhere special today in my prayer time.  I've only met Him there once before, and I'll have to explain in a third entry how we came to be here.  Anyway, Jesus and I met up and were chatting.  I was catching Him up on my life and we were laughing about the silly things I've been feeling.  Surprisingly He told me he wanted to bring someone else to help me.  A wingman.  This dude has been His wingman, so Jesus wanted to share the wealth with me.  Enter St. Raphael.  This dude was super chill, knew all about me, and was just so comforting to be around.  He had this beautiful glow about him and an amazing smile.  In heavenly reality, angels don't have bodies - I know that.  But in my prayer, this is how Jesus knew I could relate best to a homie angel.  Anyway, I gave Raph a quick briefing of my heart but he had all the information already.  Needless to say, he went to work and I got some answers the next day.  I've got him on my side and as I continue to walk the path the Lord has set before me, I know I'll be okay.  In relation to my night hike the other day, St. Raphael was the one guiding me and lighting my path.

Thank you, Jesus, for the gift of angels and saints.  Thanks for always hooking us up with heaven homies to pray and watch over us.  I don't know why people like to argue that the saints and angels are no bueno.  Why wouldn't you want them on your side???  Yes, pray for yourself, but getting some back up prayer warriors on earth and in heaven is an awesome bonus!

What's #30daysofmystagogia?  You can refer back to my blog on "About Time" to understand the meaning behind this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment