Sunday, September 7, 2014

VIP

The red band got me into the screening and after party.  The yellow band was my golden ticket to be as close as possible to all the actors and actresses that work on one of my favorite shows, Sons of Anarchy.  VIP, baby.  Yes, please let me up the stairs and past the rope because I'm "in".  UGH.  The work, the struggle....wait.  I didn't do anything to get up to the VIP section.  I knew the right people and they hoooooked it up.  Unfortunately, that's what this world is all about.  It's not even just in the movie industry - it's life.  As I was saying thanks to God for letting me get to experience it this weekend, I realized that the only important person I need to know is going to get me VIP status to where I want to end up.  Pour your glass of wine, because I'm about to serve cheese: Knowing Jesus is my VIP status to heaven.  My relationship with Him must be fostered.  Similar to how I don't like getting favors from people that I don't really work with, I'd feel awkward if I expected Jesus to let me in to heaven and I hardly spoke to Him here on earth.  Think about it.  Do I take advantage of just knowing Him and think that's my "in"?  Or do I work on the relationship, help Him out when I can, say yes to favors (missions) He asks of me, and constantly keep in touch?  In this industry, it's all about who you know, but people only remember you if you've made an impact on their life.  Typically that is done in a favor you did for that person.  People typically remember who they owe and that's how more and more transactions are done.

In the spiritual industry, it's also about who you know and how you foster that relationship.  The difference is that you don't have to always feel like you're sucking up to get on God's good side.  He makes it easy for us to follow Him.  It's only hard if we don't trust Him, but I digress.  In the spiritual industry, people are always helping ways to help you and "hook it up" when necessary.  Accountability is going to keep you focused.  Just do what you can to not just get to heaven to bring everyone around with you.  Yes, VIP is open to all but you need to know the bouncer ;)

So there you have it folks.  The red band got me in, the yellow band got me close to the actors/actresses I wanted to see.  That blue string is my ultimate VIP band.  No, it doesn't get me a fast pass or automatic entrance to heaven.  It reminds me of the work I need to do to get there.  And gosh darnit, I'm bringing people along.

What's #30daysofmystagogia?  You can refer back to my blog on "About Time" to understand the meaning behind all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment